New skills and new toys

Adelaide is surprising us with new skills, new abilities and new mischief every day now. It's true, that this age is really exciting and the development is so fast.

Now she "helps" me to put the laundry to dry. Actually - she takes the wet laundry off, as I have just hung it. :D

Here she is, caught in the middle. And from our reaction, I guess, she understood that it's a mischief and she shouldn't do it.. But it was funny for her.


p.s. She is wearing outside clothes, as we are in and out, and just had come in.

This morning, while I was busy with some other stuff, with a corner of my eye I saw, that she has put the top of the pyramid - clown's head - on all on her own! That was a hard one, and she knew, where it goes, a long time ago, but to actually put it, is quite hard, as it goes on quite tight.. So, amazing new motor skills!

I grabbed a camera to make a video of it. And so it wouldn't be too boring, there are some cute interactions with the cat as well. :)

I also made her a DIY Montessori coin box yesterday. I had wanted a coin box for a while already, but hadn't gotten to buying it.. Yes, but why not do it yourself! Works as well!
Coin box is the next level from the permanence box - there is a small, narrow hole, where to put "a coin" through - it takes a lot more complicated motor skills to achieve this. Also, understanding, how to hold the coin, so it would go in.

When i showed it the first time, she got a bit upset by it and wasn't so good at it. But in the evening Mr. Husband showed it calmly again, and she got it! Now, as you can see, she is doing it already very well!


I would like to show her new Ball run as well (that she got as a birthday gift from my friend), but even though she liked it a while ago, now she gets frustrated by it, as the ball is running away. :)

Comments

Popular Posts