When you thought life couldn't get any harder../she's crawling!

So, Jasmiina has been crawling for like a week now. :)


She started with a couple of small steps.. If a toy was nearby, in front of her, finally she could get to it! (For a long time she was moving only backwards or sideways.)

And while I was still thinking, should I place some things in front of her, to encourage it (I was getting to it, life is unbelievably busy), she found them herself. Turns out, the biggest stimulus is - Adelaide's toys, of course! :)
Obviously, Jasmiina has been observing all this time.. And at this point understands very well, which ones are the cool things - for example, Adelaide's books, that we read, and that she is not given to touch or put in her mouth, or any other specifically Adelaide's things. Yes, exactly the tray with small items is the one that Jasmiina wants! :D


And suddenly our sweet little Jasmiina, who mostly enjoys chilling and sitting, has some speed to her. :D And an unbelievable determination! This video is kind of funny..


Life with 2 children, even though exhausting, wasn't too difficult until now. And this is what I had heard exactly - you think you've got this, and then they start crawling. And getting into the other child's things. That's when the fun begins. :D

If one of the possible difficulties might be the older child becoming frustrated by this, then we are lucky, again. Adelaide is so extremely generous and kindhearted child. As you can see in the video above, she is amused by Jasmiina and is saying, that Jasmiina want's to play with this.. And instead of following my directions and putting the basket away, she is giving it for Jasmiina to play..

Of course! Adelaide also sometimes wants some things for herself and for Jasmiina to not touch them. (Those would be the books, for example.) But she is quite polite and mild, when it comes to distracting or removing Jasmiina. And I try to help immediately with that, as much as I can, for her to have her space and not be disturbed, when she doesn't want to be.


But yeah, life looks difficult now. Jasmiina can already reach the first and the second shelf, I placed there things that she can have.. (Still, one puzzle piece turned out to fit perfectly in her mouth.) And all the trays with the tiny items are on the top shelf. But what then, very soon, when Jasmiina starts standing up?! Honestly, I have no idea yet. I need to look for higher shelves.. Or closed boxes and baskets.

And the question, where can Adelaide work independently? She has been doing her things on the big carpet, but that is not anymore Jasmiina-safe. I must ask her to use the table instead, I suppose. But again, when Jasmiina starts standing up? The dining table..? Difficult.


But I am not alone in this. :) The exact same problems that every parent with multiple small children faces. I guess life will be difficult for a while.. But soon enough Jasmiina will grow up and, at least, will stop putting things in her mouth.

I will do my best to try to offer them chances to play separately, as well as together. Learning to respect each other's space is very important.

Oh yes, but what fun for me.. :)


Comments

Popular Posts