Homeschooling life

I've abandoned this blog, because all of my spare time goes for creating the Estonian Montessori Association (happening next week!), trying to write the Estonian blog, posting something in it's Instagram etc.. But today I have an inspiration to post exactly here! Or, I don't know, somewhere about our own personal life, without too much of theoretical texts. Got a craving for some simple, personal blogging!

Our "homeschooling" or simply our life at home is going actually quite smoothly lately. At least I must say so,  looking at how many pictures I have snapped lately of cool things we're doing. If at some points it can feel a bit dull, like we're not doing anything senseful at all, but now we're on a roll. Actually my other Montessori blog and all the lectures I've been to are helping a lot, as I feel a lot more confident of where we're at and what I should offer and introduce. Then there stays the matter of just doing it.. And observe the amazing results. :)

Naturally, I still don't have much time to explain, but here's what we've been up to (mainly Adelaide):

We've gotten new shelves in our playroom - for art and music! Finally our art materials are displayed nicely.. (There were shoved in a dark shelf in the kitchen, because Jasmiina was very dangerous to them.) (I guess I haven't even posted here the final result of our playroom.. But it's here.)
We don't have much of art materials, just the basics. Hopefully this new display provokes a newfound interest in art. Actually, it already little bit did..


 
 



Funny, that Adelaide simply loves this little peg puzzle, that I actually bought for Jasmiina. :D She was making shapes with the pegs, actually, and naming them.


She had a lacing work with big beads, now it's the turn for small beads. She hasn't loved this overly much, but just recently chose to work with it.




Actually it's been a total puzzle craze at our home for weeks, maybe a month. She loves these 6-piece puzzles that we gave for Christmas. There's 3 different ones and she was just sitting with them for 1,5 hours straight! Seriously, just putting them together over and over again..


Then it was one anatomy puzzle, that she continuously loves.. (Her obsession with doctors and human body is continuing for more than half a year already.)


And now it was time for the next level, so I got her this, and it's almost the right fit. 


Jasmiina is obsessed with animals and animal sounds.


First real sewing work.


Art.. And art led to cleaning up, which she used to dislike. But now, it's a new child! Totally a sensitive period for practical life and cleaning up..



And the sensorial materials, it's the right fit for her right now and amazing to watch, how she's working with the pink tower and the brown stairs..




We did a little spring gardening (it's still totally freezing outside!), planted the grass and now waiting for it to grow. :)


The first cards I've made. :D I'm not planning to do this much, but for a long time I was planning to buy these human organs and make the matching cards.. As she likes them so much.


 
More cleaning..


And, of course, baking. She loves baking! :)








Life is fun, life is busy.. can't wait for spring. :)



Comments

Popular Posts