Babywearing my toddler

Even though a strong supporter of babywearing, I haven't done it all that much. Yes, in the first 3 months - constantly. (A wash day of the sling was a tragedy..) But after that - as she started sleeping in the stroller, being more active and moving around herself - mostly for trips and hikes, rarely at home.

Now it feels like I will need it more often. What I once read in The Discipline Book by Sears - age 12 to 18 months is hard for mothers, as the child is already very capable and active and wants to explore, same time not ready to separate from the mother yet, so wants to be in a constant (sometimes even constant physical) closeness.. 

When somewhere out, it's not so bad.. But at home, oh my.

So if I want to get anything, anything at all done, apart from sitting on the floor and playing with her, babywearing seems a good option.

Other choices are - 1) not getting anything done; or 2) having a hysterically screaming child running after me.
That happened this morning. I tried to mow the grass, as it has grown super long while we were away, and it's the first thing in the list that needs to get done.. And it's impossible!
I wouldn't mind if she would scream a little, but then would see something interesting and be distracted.. I was hoping for it to happen, but it didn't happen.

So there we were. It's not that bad.. And in a while she fell asleep. :D Long before her nap time.


Comments

Popular Posts