Busy mornings

For some time now I have noticed (to my surprise), that Adelaide in the mornings is very calm and can play and calmly do something on her own for a very long time. Which is great, as I am not a morning person.. Meaning, that I don't feel like jumping up and into things. Usually after morning washing and dressing routine, she eats her breakfast and I usually eat mine (or at least drink my coffee) after that. And in that moment all I really want is to read news, answer to messages and enjoy a bit of piece and quiet. And lately I have managed to do that perfectly - Adelaide is busy on her own.

Today I gave her some sort of self-made fine motor activity work, which is not though anything nice looking and anything to show off, it was just a fast idea that I got, when some spice jar ran empty. She, however, liked it so much, that was quietly sitting until finishing it, then she brought it to me, I prepared it again, and she would do so couple of times.

One of those times I took a video.


Seeing, how well she can already concentrate on a certain work, I definitely feel like it's time to make some more of Montessori-style shelf work for her.

Surprisingly she still enjoys her Permanence box, and lately she finally started liking also the Ball run.


I like these mornings.. :) Usually all our first half of the day is quite calm, when she finally comes for my attention, we read books together - and by that I mean that I can actually read MY book and she reads hers, of course, until the point where she takes my book away and puts it on the table, so I would read her book together with her.

And sometimes she takes another period of calm playing, before it's nap time.

After the nap, then starts a different part of the day, where we have now every day gone for a long toddler walk, then usually doing some chores around the house, then maybe some more book reading, and soon it's already time for preparing the dinner.

This daily rhythm we have going on is nice, I like having a 15-month old. :D It's definitely the easiest age so far. ;)


Comments

Popular Posts