Continued.. Sleep.

Continued from my last post, as they are so closely related.. (But it was just getting so long. :D )

Adelaide has never fallen asleep just in the bed, it just didn't happen. Ever. We tried. (She fell asleep either with the breast or by physical movement - in the wrap, in the carrier, in the stroller, in the car, or being rocked in arms.)

And I was facing this nightmare.. How to put her to sleep now, when I don't anymore breastfeed?! I would gladly babywear her, that is a great option and works perfectly, but it's too much for me at the moment, I can't do it anymore, if I want to avoid unpleasant pregnancy side-effects. (This does not count for everyone, other people babywear while pregnant, but obviously for my body it is too much at the moment.)

But then came the time to see. One night, last Friday, when Mr. Husband was away at a late choir practice and couldn't put her to sleep - it happened!!! First time ever! :) I went in bed with her, we listened to the usual music, she would throw herself around.. But eventually, she fell asleep by my side. No breastfeeding. Wow.. That was a big one for us. A record. Finally, our baby is growing up.

And btw, today was another first! Both last times, when I tried putting her to sleep in the bed during the day, she asked for the breast. And I gave it, as otherways I was afraid falling asleep wouldn't work or would take too much time.. But today it worked! She didn't ask for breast!!! She just fell asleep. And even quite fast. So this probably means she doesn't have a need for it anymore.. And this probably totally answers the question of the last post - yes, she is totally weaned from breastfeeding.

And as I am finishing this post.. She just fell asleep again, in the evening, easier than ever.. We listened to music, read the book.. And suddenly, she just rolled over me and closed her eyes.

I. Can. Not. Believe. It.

A miracle. :)

Let's hope it continues as perfectly.. ;)

Do I need to say, that this is such a relief?! Little time ago, when she would only fall asleep by rocking or by breast, and would wake up million times and require the same, I wondered, how are we ever going to survive with two babies?! But everything has resolved itself..  And now it even looks, well, hopeful. ;) Possible.

And one more thing.  As all of these changes are happening, it feels like some period is ending.. and other, of course, beginning. But it feels like a good moment for reflection. Now, when everything has worked out so wonderfully, I can say, that we are so happy with all the choices we have made with Adelaide. Happy about our choice of child-friendly parenting, call it gentle parenting or attachment parenting.. All the things, that we have done - co-sleeping, bed-sharing, breastfeeding-on-demand and so on and on, they all have brought us here. So they were all the best decisions. And that makes us confident to change nothing, if it's possible, with our second miracle.


Comments

Popular Posts