Two under two


So there have been some news, not so new anymore, already 25 weeks old, that I haven't shared in the blog yet. :)
(I don't consider myself superstitious, but somehow feel like keeping the pregnancy private in the beginning.)

However, I am out of subjects to write about! :D Not that all I want to think and write about is the new pregnancy, and that there wouldn't be new things to write about Adelaide.. But so many aspects of our lives and her life are being influenced by it, that I can't write about them, not mentioning the new baby on the way.
So.. Be ready for a big wave of blog posts in the near future. ;)

But just to state this fact finally.. Yes, unbelievable! Most likely by the end of this year we are going to be a family of four! We will have not just one.. but two! Little girls (yes, girls :)) under the age of two. More precisely, they should have around 18-19 month age difference.

This two under two thing.. I stumbled upon on the internet, once I found out that I'm pregnant and googled on ways to survive with two small children. :D So, turns out there exists such a term, and I'm not surprised..
Honestly, we were taken by a little surprise. Not that it would have been totally unplanned, but I definitely didn't expect it to happen so soon. Considering also, that I was still intensively breastfeeding and co-sleeping by the time of getting pregnant. But.. God makes babies and makes plans, and obviously Adelaide desperately needed a little sister.

It is scary.. I always imagined having children with age difference of about 2 years. I kinda know, what to expect from two-year-old's. But 1,5-year-old? Have no idea. I know that until two years every month makes a huge difference.
Especially when I had just gotten the news.. Adelaide was not even 1 year old, or around that time.. And she was still so dependent and needed me so much (this age combined with my 1st trimester explains the quiet May, which I will forever remember as one exhausting month..), I couldn't imagine having a baby and a 1-year-old. However, she is developing so fast.. Now at 15 months she is so much smarter, capable, independent, understanding and sometimes even following direction.. That I caught myself thinking once - yes, well now almost could have a baby too. ;) So, and probably it's going to be even so much better in 3 months.

I am well aware that it's not going to be easy. (Hence all the How to survive two under two articles.) But I am ready (can't say prepared) for the worst.. I'm ready that Adelaide will hate the baby, she is not a calm one, she is expressive and feisty (throwing and hitting things in anger is a daily thing around here), so we must be ready that she will express all of her negative emotions towards the new sister..
However, I'm hoping for the best. Maybe it will not be all that bad.. Maybe we actually will survive the first days, weeks, months and a year. And then already they will play together beautifully and be best friends. :D

Comments

Popular Posts