First and Second Pregnancy

Today, when I'm exactly 30 weeks along, was finally the first time that I tried to do some pregnancy yoga.. And I didn't get through it, even though the session is only half an hour long. At first Adelaide came cutely to sit with me on the blanket.. But then she wanted to read a book, then she needed to go eat again (she is eating constantly these days! Trying to get back whatever she missed while being sick!), and overally she wasn't enjoying me being busy.

And that perfectly shows the difference between then and now.


When I was pregnant with her, I was home all 9 months, and I guess I will remember it forever as the best vacation of my life. :) I wasn't bored.. I was just floating with immeasurable ecstasy of finally being pregnant, I was enjoying every second of it, and it was a heavenly experience.

I could just rest, dream about having a baby, knit tiny booties, read books and then rest some more. And I could do these kind of yoga sessions at home, whenever I wished.

Btw, this is the video I like..


This time around, some people kept asking me - do I get to enjoy this pregnancy?
It's hard to find the answer.. They are looking for an answer, that yes, I find quiet moments, when to gaze upon my belly and wonder about the miracles happening inside there..
But, not really. :) It's not like I don't enjoy it, it is.. fine. I am happy about it, and overally I still am one of the weird women, who kinda likes being pregnant..

Same time, it is a lot harder this time. I am tired.. It has become harder to sleep, hard or impossible to lean down or do fast movements. It was the same the first time, but then I didn't have to run after, lift and play with a toddler.. Now I do.

Life is busy, time is going fast, these 30 weeks have just flown by, and I just don't have so much time to think about it. Just noticing here and there, how hard the baby is kicking. :)

I think that the first pregnancy is really special. At least if you get to enjoy it nearly as much as I could.
Maybe it's different, if there is a longer gap between pregnancies.

Sometimes then I am sorry about our second daughter.. And that she never will get such undivided attention as Adelaide has. But well, every person has their place in this world, and it doesn't mean we have less warm and loving feelings towards her.. :) Really can't wait to meet her already!

Comments

Popular Posts