Helping in the kitchen

Toddler helping in the kitchen and cooking as early as they can - that is also one of those must-do. We have to cook and clean up anyway, so involving them in the practical home life - that is great. They also usually really want to and enjoy it, plus it is great for developing and exploring.

Some time ago I tried, but Adelaide wasn't really interested in helping me. But for a while now I felt that she would be interested, only we want to make her the learning tower (a bit safer option than just standing on the chair), and that is not ready yet. So I just put her on the chair once.. To stand next to me, while I was cooking something. And now she goes to kitchen, pushes the chair over there and demands me to come! :D She loves it.




I still have to figure out, what exactly could she help me with.. Must buy her a small, not too sharp knife.. And other tools. For now she sort of only explores the food and eats it. ;)

But this happened today. She demanded to go there.. I was preparing to bake buns, but they weren't ready to make yet, and so I just gave her some flour. This is what followed. :)


Comments

  1. Wow! What a progress in couple of month! We just thought who will clean our apartment:). You are welcome!:). Missing you really mutch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts