Valentine's day surprises


A nice Valentine's day morning.. With me being able to sleep a bit longer with our little ones, to wake up for heart-shaped waffle breakfast.



And Adelaide got a package today.. Her new Baby Bogs.
We noticed, that she has grown a lot, her feet included. And her current boots barely fit anymore. So we went and bought another pair. Let's hope that the spring doesn't come too soon. ;) Well, actually, even if it does, Bogs will be great for the spring too, I believe. They are not overly warm, they are totally water resistant, so they can be used as rubber boots, pretty much until summer. For summer might need something else though..
And we so much liked our Bogs, that we even got the same pattern. They're so cute.. Best boots ever.


Lately our days are in such harmony.. Some routine is starting to emerge again. After breakfast Adelaide has a good mood and is playing totally independently for a long, long time. Jasmiina is taking her morning nap and I can just calmly sip my tea and enjoy the beautiful morning. Once in a while Adelaide wants to show me something or sit in my lap, but she is so cute then, pure enjoyment..

Today while I was sending out Valentine's day greetings, suddenly I noticed.. What is she doing? She had taken one work, that I had put out million years ago, and she never had played with it. I had found a ceramic tea strainer (the one you put in your cup and then make tea in the cup), it has small holes, and I had planned, that she could do some sewing work - putting the furry wire through the holes. But she wasn't into it. Instead she actually liked the little balls that we also had, to string those on the furry wire. I had left the ceramic strainer out only as a holder for those balls.. Didn't want to take it away completely, and turns out, I was right to leave it. She had taken it and figured the point out totally on her own, and was sitting and doing it for quite a long time! As you can see in this video.. And also, the thing that people wonder about.. How does this Montessori child thing work.. She indeed is putting things back nicely.



About the Montessori child.. She is such a great helper in everything. It's amazing! Yesterday I took out my boots and a sponge to shine them, had to run out for a second, and when I came back in, she was there, shining my boots. Totally correctly. I'm not even sure, where has she seen it.. Maybe Mr. Husband has done it sometimes, but we definitely haven't shown it to her on purpose.

And another moment like that happened this morning, I put clothes in the washing machine, went to check if there is anything more to wash.. When I returned to the bathroom, she herself had pulled out the laundry basket (again, we had never done it together, only as much as she had seen me doing it), taken out the clothes and thrown them into the washing machine. And - we have the top-loading machine, so I'm not even sure, how did she throw them so high.. (Without stepping onto anything.) So cool, these moments. :) And she's so excited and full of determination, as she's doing it! That's magical to watch.. And we - parents - should cherish and see the value in these moments - and try not to make her feel like she's doing something wrong or bad, even when she's adding the black laundry to the light one. ;) (That she will learn eventually too..)


And after I have gathered my morning energy, we usually go out.. The weather, the sunshine is simply amazing. You can feel the spring in the air! Today Adelaide was fixing the snowman and then throwing snowballs to the cat..


Hope you're having as sunny Valentine's day! :)

Comments

Popular Posts