European Babywearing Week

This week is European Babywearing Week 2017. :)
Today there even is a babywearing march through Tallinn.. To show people, how nice babywearing is. (Their reasoning is, that it's good for both mother and baby, as well as for the environment etc..)

Anyway, I didn't go to Tallinn today, joining in from home.


I don't do it all the time, I follow my children, their needs as well as my own. If they seem to want closeness, are happy only while held, but I can't just sit and hold them, then yes - I wear them either in my sling or Tula carrier.

We actually have bought a Tula toddler carrier for Adelaide! I thought we might need it sometime.. Like, for some longer hikes in the woods. Haven't really needed it yet though, everywhere else she walks on her own.. And at home, when I once wanted to put her there, because she wanted to be in my lap, she totally refused. I guess I haven't worn her for so long time, that she has forgotten it and doesn't like it anymore.. Even though she sees Jasmiina being in a carrier or wrap all the time.
Well, anyway, if we don't really need to use it, it's fine.. I'm actually perfectly happy to support her walking independently, and she gets plenty of closeness otherways, so it's fine.

Jasmiina, of course, likes to be carried. :) But I do it on some occasions only and not daily. She sleeps well elsewhere (in the stroller or Stokke daybed). Mr. Husband, actually, by the way, seems to wear her more often than I do! :D Because often he gives me a little break in the evenings, spending time with children for an hour or two before their bedtime.. And if during the day Jasmiina is usually quite happy to be on the floor and observe, then in the evenings she is more restless, and is happy only in arms.


All in all, nothing new here.. :) I have written about our babywearing before, and it's still great.

Comments

Popular Posts