What happened to TIME?!

Yes, what happened? Because there is none!
I don't know, what is up with that.. I don't feel like our lives would have changed that much. But somehow.. suddenly (actually, not suddenly, but this has continuously increased) there just isn't enough time. For anything.
I feel like I barely have a grip on our life.. And can't seem to be able to do.. Anything. Not even mentioning everything that I would want to.


I guess our lives have been a bit social lately, or at least more than before. The reason and explanation to this is - Adelaide. What can I do, she just seems to like going places. She is still so little, she doesn't really play together with other children yet, but she does like observing them and just being around them, I guess. Even though sometimes she gets tired and frustrated, or even a bit afraid of something, when we are again visiting someone new, she still doesn't seem to want to go home, and is always asking for more the next day.


I have a little social being here and I'm trying to respect that. Even though it's not necessarily what I would like. I am more of an introvert, I need a lot less of it.

I actually don't think it's necessary to provide her with socializing too often, maximum twice a week would be enough. Right now we are sort of in a search mode, looking for some new friends, we'll see, if anything comes out of it. Definitely being open-minded, at the same time I only want to continue meeting people who we actually match with and like.

There is a new Estonian Facebook group for parents, who's children are raised at home and don't attend daycare or kindergarten. That's some interesting bunch of people. Actually nice to see that there truly are people, who share the same unorthodox views as I do.

But it all, even this online communication, takes away time.. and rest. Takes away all the chances of down- and me-time. Which I need to survive, there just isn't enough.

Our days fly by. Adelaide is up and about, then we have our breakfast and morning routine, which is kind of slow and relaxed, as I am not a morning person. When Jasmiina wakes up, we have about an hour to 1,5 h of playing, perhaps reading a book, sometimes a little cleaning up. Jasmiina gets sleepy quite soon, she will eat and then we'll usually head out. Which lately has happened to be to the neighbors or visiting someone. We have to be back for Adelaide's nap, or she sleeps on the way in the car. After that we need to fix up some lunch. Then a bit more of some playing/reading/housework, and Mr. Husband's workday is already over. They head out again with Adelaide to do some outside work/play in the sandbox, while I do this and that, try to answer messages etc, faster than you know it, evening is here, Mr. Husband has given dinner to Adelaide and brings Jasmiina to me, as he puts Adelaide to sleep. Then Jasmiina eats and falls asleep in my arms, so I can't do much else. An hour or so for the evening tea and time to go to bed. The day is over, I have not had almost any time to get anything done, I feel that I even haven't had time to think!

Sorry for this venting post, that I know doesn't make much sense. :) I need a big vacation. 

Comments

Popular Posts