Babywearing jacket (and BuggyBoard) review



A couple of days ago we decided to go visit our neighbors again. As Adelaide was constantly talking about them.
We recently have found out, that we have cool neighbors! Really close by, many children.. and they even have a little farm with chicken, geese, turkeys, rabbits, sheep and goats, dog and 5 cats! Isn't it a dream come true?! We have met a couple of times now, and Adelaide adores going there, petting and feeding the animals and playing with her new friends..
I strapped Jasmiina on, Adelaide was put on the sleigh.. And so we went.

Wearing my new babywearing jacket. I ordered it a while ago, before Jasmiina was born. Adelaide didn't agree to be in the stroller for the first 3 months of her life, and I was preparing for the same with Jasmiina. Going out with Adelaide, however, is really important, we go out basically every day at least once a day, and doing it while babywearing Jasmiina is one of the possibilities. (To my surprise, Jasmiina actually sleeps perfectly in the stroller..)
Adelaide was a summer baby and it was easy, but this time it's winter, so I considered my options.. I didn't really have any jacket or coat (or Mr. Husband's either), that would be big enough and could be used while having a baby tied to me. One possibility might have been to look for some cute big coat in some second hand shop, but I didn't really have the time.. So I opted for buying one. Buying a used one would be great, of course, but babywearing society in Estonia is so tiny, that it's nearly impossible to get something like that.
One popular option, or - the only one sold in Estonia - is the Liluputi babywearing coat. But I had my concerns about it (first of all, the price, second of all it didn't seem warm enough and very open from front).. And then I saw someone suggesting this German shop. The price was better, the quality seemed to be promising.. So I went for it and ordered a babywearing coat from GoFuture.


It's supposed to be very warm, they said it's some special fabric that's used by the Norwegian army. It is indeed quite warm.. In this -10 C it was perfectly fine. It's possible to use it while babywearing on the front (but not on the back as the Liliputi.. I decided I will not need this option, because I mostly babywear while the baby is little, and then it's mostly on front), also as a pregnancy jacket and as a usual jacket.

Here I tried it while pregnant.. :) So weird to think that Jasmiina is inside of me there!


It's a bit baggy, I ordered M size in case, but probably S would have been better.. Overally however I am quite satisfied.

There is a special opening with a hood for the baby, however, at least right now it's not possible to use it - it's simply too low, and Jasmiina is strapped very closely to me right now. However, I imagine it might be usable with a bigger child. Then also my neck would be more secured from the cold, right now I just keep one side a bit open for Jasmiina, whilst wearing a high-neck sweater underneath plus scarf, and then it's good.

But I really like, how it looks like as just a usual jacket! This was also quite important.



If about the flaws.. Apart from being a bit baggy, the fabric, even though looks ok, is gathering hair and all kinds of fluff very easily, which is annoying. What else.. The zippers tend to open sometimes in the bottom (they're two way), but I noticed, if I close them really carefully, they don't.. All-in-all, quite good quality-price ratio. Liliputi might be still better, more expensive too.

And here we are for the first time trying Lascal BuggyBoard step for the older child! It's great and Adelaide loves it, probably too much, as - of course - she just wants to ride it now and doesn't want to walk. :) Yesterday while Mr. Husband was still putting it together inside, she already stepped on it and wouldn't come down..
We'll see, if her excitement will blow over and she'll walk again, or will we take it off and use only when really necessary.


Adelaide is a great walker, that's why we decided that we don't need any twin or double stroller. Adelaide hasn't used the stroller forever, last time was in October. We don't really need it.. As we just take short walks close to our home.
Probably there could be some occasion, when we would need to walk a longer distance, but we have our light stroller in that case. Or - now this BuggyBoard. Sometimes now Adelaide just wants to go forward and forward and coming back can get a bit problematic.. So maybe now we can take longer walks and explore our neighborhood further.

We chose the BuggyBoard, becauce it seems to be the best one - it's big, comfortable for Adelaide to stand on, it has suspension (many don't have at all), so the ride is less bumpy for her, it's comfortable to attach and can be used pretty much with all the strollers (we tried the Teutonia one, that should fit too.. but it didn't, even though we have Teutonia stroller).
And it truly is good, even with the snow and our bumpy countryside roads, it was doing its job. The wheels are quite small, of course, making the ride a bit noisy, and with deep and wet snow it probably would be harder.
Surprisingly, it wasn't disturbing me to push the stroller at all, I thought it would get in the way. It was very comfortable. So this was a good choice.

Comments

Popular Posts