Update: life with Two under two

So it's week 8 since Jasmiina joined our little family, we have somewhat gotten used to it, have some rhythm going, life is happening. Nothing has changed that much since the beginning, when I wrote, how nice it is.. Adelaide still loves Jasmiiiina, she still hasn't shown any jealousy or anger towards her sister. If she wants us to do something, but we are holding Jasmiina at the moment, she says: Jasmiina in the bed! (Jasmīna gultiņā! in Latvian), and leads us to the Stokke daybed, so the sister would be put there. ;) Not always is Jasmiina on the same page, but we find a compromise somehow, either the other one takes her, or if I am alone, it's usually possible to put Jasmiina to look at her mobile, or if she needs to be changed or fed, then at first I ask, what does Adelaide want to do, then either help her with whatever it is, if it's possible, if not at the moment, then I invite her to join us either in the bathroom for changing or in the bedroom for feeding (there she either finds something to do herself, she found some toys under the bed, that I had put away, or she sits next to me and wants me to sing a song. She is very much into singing songs now - she knows almost all of the words of our songs). So the life is not overly difficult, thanks to Jasmiina, who is quite a happy and calm baby.

However, lately I have felt a bit out of my peace and harmony, and I couldn't understand, why exactly.. Because I couldn't say this new life is overly hard, not at all. We sleep well (Jasmiina sleeps better at the moment than Adelaide..), life is good.. But today I finally realized the reason - there just isn't anymore enough time! Yes, the time is the issue. As I said sometime in the beginning - this new life is definitely more busy. Two to take care of.. Even though Adelaide is very independent lately, she can play on her own most of the time, needs me to join just here and there.. But still. There's two of them.


I feel a little bit too stuck in this routine right now (we haven't even really been out of the house at all, first of all, because Jasmiina is so little still and all kinds of viruses are moving around right now, the only place where we went was to visit our neighbors, and there probably Adelaide got her cold - she has been sick almost a week now). I don't mind being at home, but there are so many things I would like to do.. We have so many DIY projects in mind, new activities for Adelaide, some home renovation, I dream of new dolls and other things I could sew.. But in reality, those are only dreams right now, I don't even have time to read my books or keep track of all the Montessori blogs. Feeling a bit overwhelmed. Between the waking, the dressing, the eating, the feeding, the diapering, the playing, the napping, the cooking, the cleaning, the eating and playing, and feeding and diapering again.. It's evening already, and I'm exhausted, and I even barely have time to rest and respond to some messages, we watch our one tv show of the day with Mr. Husband, and it's time for bed. :( Hm, so, yes.. There isn't really time for anything else.

Weekends have come and gone, we have tried to get something done, but usually it's just a bit more resting for me, and lately the weekends haven't been much different than the weekdays. Soon, once Adelaide is healthy again and the sun comes out, I definitely want to make some nicer plans for the weekends.. I'm sure it will help a lot.

I guess the only answer is to become more organized, waste time less and do more, or.. Just wait until Jasmiina gets bigger. ;) And it will get easier again. I hope?

Comments

Popular Posts