She can do it!

March is here already, and just today I was thinking.. that don't have much to write about. :)
But suddenly, there is!


Today I am super happy and proud about my little smart baby. :D

She is finally (already!) able to use the Montessori object Permanence Box! 


I wrote about it previously, we got it sometime after she was 7 months old, my friend's husband handmade it. At first Adelaide wasn't much interested, she only liked the ball. She loves the ball ever since. But recently she got a bit interested in the box, and was possibly attempting to put the ball in the hole.
And today she did it! Many times. As you can see in the video, it's not that easy. And sometimes also doesn't work out.

What's so special about this Permanence Box?

It's a classic Montessori toy (material), usually introduced to children once they can sit up, from about 8-12 months.

"The direct aim of the material is to help children develop their sense of object permanence. It also indirectly helps them develop focus and concentration and gives them practice developing fine motor skills through the whole-hand grasp."

And actually there is another achievement - she has learned to open doors of closets and cabinets! At least the ones in our living room. And she finds it really exciting! :)
It's really nice to watch, how she develops this skill.

We had to baby-proof the one under the TV, to protect the amplifier, because that is really not for playing (Mr. Husband just took away the handles). The other one I don't want to close, as I like her to learn and I think she should be allowed to learn to open and close them.

However, of course, there is the problem with the stuff in there. I will take away anything that she absolutely cannot have. But as for other stuff.. We'll see. Maybe it will be time to learn, that some things just cannot have. Or eat! I mean - I'm fine with her taking them, but, for example, she took out a candle and was chewing on it. That's not good. So I had to take it away, and that caused the biggest scream!

This is very interesting. That we definitely have one with her own opinion and will. I have heard that some babies are really obeying, that they have been told once or twice to "not open the cabinet" or "not touch that", and they really don't! And a few people have told this about their children.
I'm pretty sure that ours will not be like that.
She is already expressing her will very loudly. :)
Life will not be easy for us. But it's ok. I can relate to her. :D

Comments

  1. Tas nu gan ir labs! Labi, ka Tu nepienes viņai bumbiņas ;) :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts