Tired days

I feel like I'm not posting anything lately. In a way, there is nothing much to write about, but really - I am just so tired! I feel like I have no free time, no me-time, no alone time at all. There are these couple of hours a day (which I should be happy about, because many parents, who's babies don't sleep so long, don't get even that..), but they just fly by so fast! That I don't even get anything done, don't get the "rest" that I'm hoping and dreaming about..

Which makes all the rest of the hours, that I spend together with Adelaide, and when I should be happy, excited and engaged, somehow.. dull and tiresome, and a lot less enjoyable than they should be. I need a break.

Interestingly, I just started reading a book, and it says the old quote, that's been repeated and repeated, "It takes a village to raise a child", which points out, that the way people are raising children in the nowadays world - in the nuclear family - is not the way it should be or has been. Normally it was done by a lot more bigger crowd of people. So that's why they say it's so hard and you should "get help".
Well, right now I start to little bit understand this "getting help", because even if someone would entertain Adelaide for like half an hour or hour, it would be great.

However, I'm not planning to get any, as.. still, I am an introvert lover of the privacy and peace of my nuclear family, plus I am a bit too self-assured idealist (I admit it), so I don't like the idea of anyone much else giving too much input in Adelaide's upbringing. In short words - I want to be the one, who is raising her, not some nanny or anyone else. (Only a couple of people, who I like, would be allowed to be with her more..) (I'm not talking of Mr. Husband, he, of course, is to be involved as much as me myself, as he is my better half, the problem only, that he has been more busy lately..)

To make it more fun, she is still a lap-baby. Playing on her own sometimes.. But really, especially if I am trying to do something, she just wants to be held and carried.
Which is fine, of course.. Normal. I accept it totally. Just if I would be a bit less tired..

And, I don't know even why, but I started to feel that she is not playing productively enough, meaning - she just goes from chewing one toy to another, but not being really engaged in any particular activity or a toy for more than a couple of minutes.

I even bought her some more, new toys, hoping, that she would be interested..


I bought her the musical instruments, that wanted to buy for a long time already. As she really enjoys everything that is making sound. A drum, two egg shakers and.. don't know, how that is called, but also a nice rhythm shaker with bells.

Also, bought her a couple of balls. She really likes them! :)


She likes all of these things.. Of course, I also re-organized all the toys, took away some, so there wouldn't be too many (and I'm still thinking, that there probably are too many..), but it didn't really change anything - it didn't make her concentrate more on a certain activity.
So I googled a bit, searched through my favorite Montessori blogs, reading about babies in this age, and I understood, what I already suspected - that I am expecting too much. She is a totally normal 9,5-month-old, even very good for her age. It's all fine, I should just be more patient and go with the flow.
She shouldn't even be too much concentrating in one thing at this age, her job is to go out and about - and explore! everything that she can lay her hands onto. That's why she is so excited about everything new.

So it's all fine.

But for myself I got some new books to read.. (Whenever I have the time?!) I will make sure to post my thoughts on them, as soon as I've read them! So far I just know that they all should be good.


..and one more detail to mention.
Yesterday after long time we listened to some music. (Somehow our home is quiet for most of the time, apart from us singing, we sing a lot.)
Adelaide liked it. And there was a favorite! :) There were some choices, some Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky.. But her favorite definitely was Edvard Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King. ;)


Comments

  1. Jūs biedējat bērnu ar to mūziku??? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ko var darīt, Čaikovska Ziedu valsis viņai galīgi neinteresēja! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts