Testing our Tula Toddler


This was already almost a week ago.. The usual Adelaide's birthday's afterparty. :) My family usually comes (for celebrations and such, from Latvia..) on the same morning and stay for one more day, on which we usually go someplace nice, before they leave. This time we went to Nõva.
There's an amazing seaside.. And also some tracks in the forest. We decided to try the shortest of the tracks, about 4 km long.
And as this hike would not exactly be possible, if Adelaide would walk on her own (or maybe even it would, not sure, she can walk a lot, if she's interested, but, of course, it would take 10 times longer..), it finally was a chance to try our new Tula Toddler carrier!

We already have the usual Tula, that we used in our trip to Georgia, for example (and I put Jasmiina in it this time.. Actually I personally like to wear her in a wrap as well, I even think that the wrap is more easy to put on (it's so hard for me to close the buckles on my back with a carrier!), but for the hike I chose the Tula. It seemed a better choice, as the wrap can loosen up a bit, especially with walking, but that doesn't happen to the carrier.)

But with such hikes on mind (where it would be too long for Adelaide to walk) I wanted to get the toddler carrier as well. And so far, when I wanted to try it at home, Adelaide simply refused to go in it! I already thought: oh well, that sucks..

But this time! To my surprise, she went in there with no problem at all.. And was very happy right from the start. :) It seemed that she liked this snugly place.. And she could see everything very well (even on the front, another option could be to wear her on the back). She was enjoying herself, commenting on everything, didn't show any wish to get out.. And what was weird, she didn't fall asleep, even though I know she was tired! Perhaps it was just too interesting. :)




Jasmiina, of course, was enjoying too. ;) I do not put Jasmiina in a wrap or carrier daily anymore, she is happy enough elsewhere. And falls asleep easily elsewhere too. But sometimes I do, for example, today.. She somehow just wasn't happy, I had to carry her around, but she also was tired, so I put her in the wrap and she could relax and fall asleep.
But Mr. Husband even wears her more often than I do! In the evenings, if I'm taking my break or if I sometimes put Adelaide to sleep, then she is happy sleeping in the carrier on him.

All in all, you could say, that we are Tula fans. I have tried Ergobaby, Tula is so much more comfortable.. In Estonian groups people seem to like Liliputi lately, as it has extenders for legs.. But I was thinking about it, and I wouldn't choose it, because it's not only the length for legs, that matters. What I like about the Toddler Tula is that it is all bigger. It covers all of Adelaide's back perfectly.. While the Liliputi wouldn't. So for a bigger child, if you can afford to buy more than one carrier (and definitely makes sense with more than one child!) I would definitely suggest Tula Toddler.




Oh, and Jasmiina woke up, was happy for a while, but then not so much.. :) Of course, she was hungry. We didn't exactly plan to stop, so it was pretty simple - to just feed her in the carrier. ;) And nobody would have a clue. (I actually hadn't done that before, I think.. This was the first time.)


 And a few more pictures from this nice hike in this beautiful nature.. ;) Not mine, but my sister's boyfriend's.








Comments

Popular Posts