Our summer day

It seems that all my latest posts are about trips, fun weekends and special occasions.. Yes, well, that's what summer is all about. :)
However, there still are plenty of days between all those events - simple days at home, when seemingly we are not doing much, and these days seem to pass really quickly.

So I thought to finally write about one of such days. I have previously sometimes posted about our daily rhythm (some time ago, long time ago, and a year ago), so this is a fresh update.

We wake up (quite precisely) around 9:00.
Then it's morning washing and dressing routine. Then breakfast. Adelaide has porridge for breakfast every day (different ones). She likes them a lot.

Then we have our morning hours. I guess that mostly we spend them quite calmly - I sit on the floor with Adelaide and she brings me her books, dolls, stuffed animals and other toys, we play with them. We have hung the swing up too, she often asks to swing.. And she likes to sit there and read books. :D



If the weather and mood is good, however, we might also go outside a bit, but not for too long. Sometimes I will try to get something done, like today I decided to finish the lawn mowing (yes, again!), other times I might try to dig in some flower or vegetable garden..
Lately she again is totally fine with us mowing the lawn. :) She is even surprisingly happy, calm and cooperative. Hanging around, finding something interesting to do or watch. Every time I pass her, she waves at me so cutely. I wave back at her. ;)

That's what we did today.. She was checking the water bucket by the greenhouse (of course, everything that includes water, is fun!), later I gave her some sweet peas and she was picking and eating them.


 She likes to ride in the gardening cart. Also she always plays with the cut grass, little helper.


We have first apples getting ready. And whenever she sees them, she has one in each hand, and she can eat them all day long!


Then we come inside, because very precisely at 12:00 she is getting tired, and always, when she asks for breast, we go to the bedroom, and she falls asleep super fast at the breast.
Remember, still in the beginning of summer she never ever had slept her day nap inside?! Only in the stroller.. Well, I was right thinking that everything has it's time. :) Somehow, totally naturally, starting with a couple of rainy days, she just started sleeping in the bed..

Let's say, she falls asleep at 12:30. She usually will sleep for an hour, not much longer. Last couple of days though I have managed to sneak in and make her fall back asleep, so she has slept even 2 hours. (And this is my free time!!!)

So she is up around 13:30-14:00. She wakes up hungry. :) Trying to crawl into her highchair immediately. If I have something ready or quick to make, we eat lunch. Or if I want to cook something that takes a bit longer, I give her a snack, like a banana, and then she patiently plays in the kitchen, while I finish cooking.

Afterwards we probably go out, at least, if it's not raining. Today I had to still finish the lawn. She was playing in the sandbox for quite a long time, then eating some berries. Almost letting me finish. :)

If we come in, then she is playing with her toys.. For a second maybe on her own:


But sooner than later she will take her doll or a book and bring it to me, to play and to read. :)


Yes, dolls and books are her favorite. She likes to cuddle dolls, brings them to me to cuddle, and also is showing the body parts on the doll. Same to the stuffed animals (which she started liking totally on her own, btw! We have a couple, and I put them among her toys, but I never introduced them on purpose..), but books she can read all day long. Mostly we read books about animals, and she knows many already, knows to point at them, if I ask. Her favorite is the lion, and she says "auva" all the time (from Latvian "lauva").

And then there are the nice bits from summer, like today it was actually hot.. And after all the lawn mowing I really wanted to go to swim. So we went to our nearby lake (the one that's more children friendly), Adelaide totally loves-loves-loves! the water. :) She probably would never come out.



There is also a short video.. :) She likes to splash around, run in and out, find rocks (she is saying "akme" - "akmens" - a rock in Latvian) and throw them in the water. Really fun.


But the water wasn't so warm, so we had to get her out of there.. :)


Some light early dinner, after coming home.. Little time outside still, picking peas and cleaning up the yard, waiting until Daddy ends his workday.. And when he finally does, then we eat some cake with tea, Adelaide eats peas and is handing them one by one, all the time saying "aitäh" - thank you in Estonian.. :) (Her language is really developing!) And then it's already evening time, meaning - my free time!

Usually from 19:00 till 20:00 Adelaide spends her time with her Daddy, usually they go outside, I guess, where Adelaide is assisting in something that has to be done.. It's hard to get anything done with her, of course, but that's why you have to use every chance. There will be days, of course, when she will be happy only in the lap or at least with undivided attention.

And at 20:00 it's time for dinner, bath.. and sleep. (Also all taken care of by Mr. Husband, yes, I know I'm lucky!) Let's say, normally, if everything goes well, around 21:00 or a bit after, she will be asleep..

And that's our summer day in our little countryside home. :) I must say, I really love that she can have childhood like this - eating straight from the garden, playing with real soil and rocks.. That's what I always wanted for my children, as both me and Mr. Husband also have had that.. So thankful to have that!

Comments

Popular Posts