Co-sleeping at our home

By the definition co-sleeping actually means sleeping in the same room, not necessary in the same bed (I read it somewhere) - so actually almost everybody in Latvia and Estonia is doing co-sleeping (usually having a crib in the parents bedroom, it's not common to put a small baby in a separate room). That's why, when saying co-sleeping, we here usually understand baby right next to parents.

I wasn't the biggest fan of sleeping together with a baby, mainly because I want the privacy with my husband. Him moving to another bed or another room is not an option for us, sleeping together is very important. (We even got him earplugs in case, but he hasn't needed those.)

However, I still knew we will be doing some sort of co-sleeping, as I think it's right to be close to the baby also at night, and also it's a lot more convenient to breastfeed at night, don't have to even wake up!
That's why we needed a crib with a possibility to take one side off and put next and in the same hight as our bed (which turned out not to be so easy to find.. Many cribs collapse, when one wall is taken down).
This is how it looks like:
And I must say - I think this is a perfect solution. Unless you want to sleep on a mattress on the floor.
It widens the bed - there is more space for everybody, as baby can sleep either in the crib or even on the very edge of the big bed (which happens most for us) - but can't fall out.

Of course - this is only the beginning of our co-sleeping experience. I hear there are fun times coming, with rolling in the sleep, crawling, spinning and so on. :D We'll see, what the future brings.

Comments

Popular Posts