It's summer

Finally! Finally it's warm, even hot. Estonian summer has been horrible this year, we haven't even gone swimming yet! Which is the main reason why I'm upset with this weather. I remember, how much Adelaide enjoyed splashing around in the water last year, I can't wait to do it again..

But summer is summer in the way that it's busy. :) No blog posts.. The main indicator, that shows I have no free time whatsoever. Both in a good and in a bad way. We're going places, spending time together (Mr. Husband has already had some vacation, but the longest one is about to begin..), which is lovely. But time in between, when we're home, is rough. Busy. The days fly by, I have no time for anything, evenings come and go.

There are new and exciting things too. Actually, in a big way thanks to this blog, I have gotten sort of a hobby.. Or expanded my already existing hobby. It's nothing much yet, and let it stay a secret for a little longer, but I definitely have some more things to do on my (non-existent) spare time, which is definitely good for me. Life is definitely exciting.

Before we head off to another trip to enjoy this not-anymore-cold summer, I will share some moments from our recent lives. :)

Three occasions. This first one is from when my mom came to visit. It was an unplanned, but fun adventure - travelling around a bit, including going to Tallinn Old Town on my own with both children (turns out - doable!). (But no pictures from that..) And Adelaide loves the sea.. Paldiski rocky beach.







And quite a usual day, Adelaide's slide. Why is she wearing a hat, I don't know.. She likes this hat! :)
And Jasmiina is getting to know grass.





And then our amazing getaway to the lake.. With girls' godparents, already a tradition, I suppose. Because it's such an amazing place, far away, in such piece and quiet.. We want to go back.




Last year we didn't take Adelaide for a boat ride. This time we promised it to her already early on.. She couldn't wait! And she loved it SO MUCH. :) She was a bit afraid, sitting totally still. (I was afraid, what would we do, if she'd start to jump around.. But she didn't.) She remembers and talks about it still, just today she was playing - sitting on the floor in a bag and saying that she's on a boat! (Such serious role playing is new.)



And then there were ducks! Right at our feet, not being afraid one bit.. One very serious duck mother, I was impressed by her!, with 14 (we counted!) ducklings! I have never seen so many at once.






And not only ducks, but a very friendly (and smart) local cat. :)



Even though this place is more suitable for adults and calm relaxation (it has sauna!), Adelaide was fine there too. And we even hadn't taken any much of stuff for her entertainment - only her baby (doll) and a couple of books. That's how it's supposed to be anyway - children being able to find something to do anywhere, especially in nature.

Adelaide loves flowers. She smells them, always, and picks them.. I have taught her (works almost always) that she can pick flowers in the fields, grass etc, but not in gardens and pots. Because we respect other people's work and that they have planted these flowers to appreciate them.



 As we are off again to enjoy our summer.. Go you too and smell the flowers! :)

Comments

Popular Posts