A vertical baby

There are some changes, some new things and some firsts! :) So exciting!

Most importantly - our baby is not anymore any horizontal being, but all she wants to do now, all day long - is to stand up! 

This was a first. I ran to get the camera. And just held my breath to see, what will happen. Because I know I should let her learn and try not to rescue her, as long as it not potentially really dangerous.
And she did fall. Right after taking this picture, fell into the wall. But it was just a little scare, a little scream, she got a hug and was ready to go again right away! :) Our Adelaide is not a crybaby.

Mostly (as there's a total mommy period, I have to sit with her on the floor for most of the time) she does it, when holding on to me. Just standing up and being super happy about it. :) 

For now she doesn't do it much, when holding on to other things and furniture. It has happened a couple of times, like she has stood up, while holding on to the couch or her shelves.

It's a bit scary, as sometimes she loses her balance and just falls down. It hasn't been very bad yet, mostly because I can catch her (I am still figuring out, how to do this.. Theoretically I should let her fall as much as possible, so she would learn not to fall or to fall in a less painful way), but I'm a bit worried of how bad will it get..

A first: after our nature walk we went to eat in a pub. And Adelaide was sitting in a baby highchair (somewhere else than home) for the first time! :) Just chilling with us, having a meal.. So fun!


..which brings me to another change. She has started eating! Like REALLY eating! Opens her mouth wide and everything. For example, in the same pub, when the food was brought to us, she got really upset and had to have some as well! So I had to look for something to give her.

We are doing a mixture right now - some food I give her as a puree, she eats from a spoon very well. Some things that are in a suitable size and shape I give her also as fingerfood, so she would learn to eat on her own. And she does it quite well, only sometimes manages to bite a big piece off, and sometimes I have to get it out of her mouth in the end, which can be quite impossible. And another way she likes to eat - I give her tiny little pieces with my fingers, feeding her like a little birdie. :)

And it seems that we have officially started to have 2 meals per day - breakfast (fruit and/or porridge) and dinner (meat and veggies).

Still having lots of breastmilk meals too, nothing has changed in that.
Here I am, breastfeeding in church. We went to an evening family service yesterday. It was nice and there weren't very many people, so it was easy. :)


Comments

Popular Posts