Happy New Year 2016!


We are finally back at our home-sweet-home, and I can wish everyone a very happy New Year! Full of joy, love, special moments, happiness, family time and adventures! Most importantly - health, and some richness too. ;)


We welcomed the new 2016 in Latvia with my family. Even though it was just a calm celebration at home, with the closest ones, the preparing (and probably all the festive season..) had taken it so much out of us all, that everyone was tired and done long before midnight.. :D And poor Mr. Husband had gotten sick, so it wasn't the best of the times.


We still managed to have a nice dinner, share some last Christmas gifts (Adelaide got simply wonderful presents* from her grandparents and aunt+uncle! A colourful wooden pyramid, her first, and beautiful self-made wooden blocks! Funny, I just wrote in my last post, that I'd like to get also some clean wood blocks for her as well, but I couldn't have expected so nice ones.. (My sister's boyfriend studies carpentry, and he is already really good at it.. The blocks look just amazing!))


Nice dinner, fireworks outside (our baby, of course, goes to sleep after midnight, so - naturally - she was watching the fireworks with us! She enjoyed them, as she likes colourful and flashy things (an interesting discovery), they didn't scare her too much.
(Might add, that it was - 13 C outside, and still is quite cold.. and snowy!)

Little cosmonaut going out..

Exactly on the 31st Adelaide got a new skill! She got on her knees, really on all fours, and was swinging a bit too! The way she is moving forward now really looks more like crawling! I almost didn't expect her to do that, I already thought she will forever move forward only in her own way.. But this is a big deal in development, I guess. :)
Hanging out with her grandparents :)

Now we are back home. It sucks, that everyone is a bit sick (me and the baby are still holding up..), because it really would be nice to enjoy this beautiful winter! However, today we have chosen to stay home and watch another Christmas movie by the fireplace and with a nice cup of tea. :)

As for the 2016.. as I already wrote before, we have huge expectations! :)

I think, we will just rest in January.. it always is a month, when to wind-down from the holidays. Ideally - having some nice weekends, maybe taking some little trips somewhere nearby. In the spring probably will go to Latvia again.. And while Adelaide will be slowly getting more mobile, her 1st birthday already will arrive! I have big plans for her birthday.. in my head! :D We'll see, how will it actually turn out.. People around us here usually haven't had any very big nor special parties for their children's first birthdays. Estonian summer will run by fast, I'm sure of that, hopefully we can enjoy this one a little bit more than the last.. (I'm already picturing trips to the islands, beach, swimming, cabin in the woods and warm summer evenings..) In September we are planning a big one! - trip to Georgia! All 3 of us, I'm really curious, how will that go, but we are very excited! And.. who knows, what more to expect. :)

But until that.. lets enjoy our winter!

Right now outside..

* an interesting fact. I have noticed many Waldorf- and Montessori-minded people complaining in Facebook, that their children get a bunch of "plastic-battery-operated-crap" from their family and relatives for Christmas. Somehow, either their family doesn't understand or doesn't respect their wish for children having some sensible, good-quality toys. Interesting is, that I can now say, Adelaide received only and 100% amazing, beautiful things. I'm very thankful for that.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts