We love our cuddles :)

It seems, that in this age that Adelaide is now, sleep again becomes a big issue. (Or when isn't it? :D) I just hear that so many babies around are "sleeping worse" or have all kinds of problems with sleep or sleeping arrangement.

What I don't like, is that people tend to talk about sleeping together with a baby like it would be the "bad" option, showing that they have somehow "failed" and have not achieved the harder, but "right" way - baby sleeping in his own crib.

Co-sleeping is not something I initially planned (I have written about start of our co-sleeping journey a long, looong time ago here), but going through some better and worse times (Adelaide has never slept in her crib), I am now a.. proud co-sleeper! :)

At first she was sleeping (especially when we swaddled her) on the edge of the bed. Then started the times of more restless sleep, as well as going to sleep later, which resulted in sometimes all-night-long breastsleeping (I have mentioned it here). At first I resisted it (as I wasn't used to it), which led to some worse nights. But once I accepted it and went with it, the nights have been nothing else than bunch of sweet cuddles. :) (Of course, there are sometimes better, sometimes worse nights, as for everyone. But nothing much that I could complain about.)

We really love our co-sleeping. And yes, my Husband loves it too! We all sleep well (we all sleep in the big bed), it is really cute (nothing cuter than opening your eyes to see that big, happy smile right in your face in the morning!) and simply - the best, most comfortable, most natural way!


It makes me happy to read some good articles about this, for example: 9 benefits of breastfeeding and co-sleeping relationship, which says it has also intellectual benefits for the baby.

Or this: an article, written by an anthropologist, saying, that "Holding, carrying and sleeping with a baby is not just a nice social idea, but also an important contribution to their well-being."

One night, when going to sleep, Adelaide already sleeping between us, taking half of the bed, we talked about this arrangement and our future plans. Of course, this is not going to last forever. I think it's important to sleep together with a little baby, especially in the first year, or probably as long as breastfeeding goes. Some time she will have to move out to her own bed.. (Especially if a little sibling were to arrive..) But there is so much time until that, there is no point to worry about it now. When the right time will come, we will make a slow and (hopefully) painless transition. 

But I'm so happy with how we are doing it. :) So much love. 

Comments

Popular Posts