Introducing water pouring!

I haven't had time to organize shelves in the kitchen yet, but I made one work for Adelaide, that I had wanted to already for a while.. A classic Montessori toddler water pouring! :)

It's somehow on my mind, that I read somewhere - if you give your child a pitcher of water and a glass, and he can pour it perfectly, you have waited too long! :D

So, to not miss the moment, I finally did it. Giving a child a free chance to play with water, that's not really something I'm excited about.. But actually, it wasn't so bad.

The idea is that there eventually would be a small pitcher of water available for her at all times, and she can just take it and pour herself a glass of water. And wipe up, if there's a spill. It promotes independence, she doesn't have to ask us for water, if she wants some. (Of course, I would have to refill the pitcher, or there is a possibility to place somewhere a bigger water dispenser, that she can use.) This is only a theoretical plan for us at the moment, as we haven't been so good at letting her drink from a usual glass on daily basis, she is using her sippy cup, which she likes.. Not Montessori at all. :)

And she enjoyed this a lot. :) And she was quite good at it.. Not at first (the pitcher maybe not the best), but then she got it better.. And she wouldn't stop, until the pitcher was totally empty.












Comments

Popular Posts