Babywearing

The one, who invented babywearing, was a genious! :D

No, but seriously.. I have no idea, what would I do without it! My dear baby sleeps very well at night (we are doing some sort of co-sleeping, maybe I will write about it later), but during the day - it seems impossible to put her to sleep in bed! I have tried, when it was super hot in here, too hot for me to use the wrap, and she did sleep, but only as long as I (and my breast) was right next to her. When I got up, she would be awake quite soon, definately less than an hour.
It is possible to use the stroller. If she is really sleepy, she will fall asleep there (only if the stroller is moving!), but the sleep is fragile (she will wake up, if it stops moving..), and if she falls in the deep sleep, it will last for about an hour or hour and half, maximum. I have put her to sleep there, to do some gardening.

But I put her in the wrap (or even in the ergocarrier), and she can sleep for hours and hours! Sometimes even up to 4 hours in a row. And 3 hours is nothing so unusual. She will fall asleep there quite fast. Sometime she used to sleep in the sling only if I kept moving around, but now I can even sit and write this post. :)

Now it has come to using the sling even 3 times during the day, as she has 3 naps - the morning nap, long day sleep and the evening nap.

My back used to hurt a bit at first. But maybe it was from carrying her in my arms quite much, plus from not tying the wrap exactly right and tight. Now I'm better at tying, and she has gotten so heavy (going already over 6 kg..), that I avoid to hold her for long periods of time. If she needs to be held, I put her in the wrap.

As a result, the stroller is being used very rarely.. (If we go for a walk in the town, or even a shop, it is definately a better idea to babywear!) So I'm happy we didn't buy a super expensive stroller.

And, btw, my husband babywears too. ;) If we are together somewhere, my back can take a break. And people always give him cute looks. :D Not so much to me, I think.

Husband babywearing

Babywearing is not that popular in Estonia yet.. Even though it is slowly taking it's place, you cannot see that many people using slings in the city. Sometimes it can seem that people are giving weird looks. But I still have got nice reviews, even from the old ladies. :)

Comments

Popular Posts