Something sweet

Yesterday I got a craving for something sweet and delicious, for a cake! :) There wasn't anything much in my fridge though.. But I found a package of curd (cottage cheese), one lemon.. And I had some raisins and almond flakes as well. So I made this Lemon Curd Cake.

The dough was so weird, so thick.. But the result.. yum!!! Seriously, surprisingly good cake (couldn't stop eating it, I ate 3 peaces in the evening..) and not any difficult to make, I'm definately making this sometime again!




The recipe:
250 g of butter, soft, room temperature
300 g of curd (cottage cheese)
250 g of sugar
500 g of flour
4 eggs
some raisins and almond flakes (or you might use anything else)
1 lemon - juice and peel
pinch of salt
1 big soup spoon of baking powder

Glaze:
180 g of powdered sugar
2 soup spoons of water

Mix together butter and sugar, as long as light and fluffy. Blend the curd, so it's not too grainy (not necessary, if using a smooth version). One by one add eggs to the butter mixture, lemon peel and 1/2 of lemon juice. Add sifted flour, mixed with baking powder and salt, then add the curd. Finally the raisins and almonds. (Wash the raisins and cover with a bit of flour before.) Mix it through, until even, but don't have to mix too much. Put the dough into a cake shape that's been covered with butter and a bit of flour. Bake in 180 C for about 50 minutes. When cooled down, put a glaze on top of it (mix powdered sugar with water and the other 1/2 of lemon juice), sprinke with some almond flakes.

P.S. Glaze didn't work out for me, because I put it on a too hot cake. ;) Don't do the same mistake.

Recipe I found from Omītes Receptes.

Comments

Popular Posts