No cry-it-out methods and responding to each cry

Sometimes it's exhausting..

This is the subject I chose to write about first. As today is not my favourite day, and obviously - this blog will also be for complaining. :D

Yesterday was a so-so day. A. (the baby) was quite happy, but not for long. I was babywearing her in Ergocarrier (as the wrap was put to wash) 3 times during the day, couple hours each time. It was fine, only as Mr. husband was home quite late, I had gotten already very tired in the evening. And somehow, to add some flavour to the day, baby was not very willing to fall asleep. (Usually she is better at it..) She hadn't fully fallen asleep until we were going to sleep ourselves, it was almost midnight. And she still was sleeping only while next to me, attached to my breast. Every time I moved away with hope to get some comfortable sleep, she was waking up. So it was not a great night, with my back hurting from this sleeping position in the morning. And usually she falls back asleep in the morning, which gives me those much-needed extra hours of sleep, but not today. Today she didnt fall back asleep after some 7:30. She was awake, happy and loud. So no sleep for me.

Oh, I was suppoused to write about no cry-it-out methods, but I got stuck in the complaining.. :)

As you can see, I do not let her cry on her own, even though it sometimes can be quite exhausting (not always, thank God). This morning it was really tempting to just let her be and sleep myself.. (How?) But once her happy voice turns into unhappy voice, I just cannot stay away, no matter how (selfishly) annoyed or angry I am at the moment. In the end - she is a poor baby that needs her mommy. So there it is. I do not support letting baby cry. On their own, I mean. I know some babies tend to cry a lot, but then you should at least hug them, be there for them. Leaving them alone and afraid is not human. Nothing good can come out of it too. But today is too hard day to search and write about the bad psychological effects of cry-it-out. :) Maybe some other time.

 Baby sleeping in the wrap today

Comments

Popular Posts