Winter is here!

I think it was Saturday.. when winter arrived. :) Yes, it was Adelaide's first snow. It snowed just for a minute, and at first nothing much was staying on the ground.. But the next very cold morning the ground was a bit white.
Today it's snowing with nice big flakes!


And baby is sleeping nicely outside..


I'm so happy for the snow! I am a very optimistic person, when it comes to the weather and seasons (other option is being grumpy for at least 6 months a year, if you live in Estonia..), but the last couple of weeks really weren't so pleasant.. Cold and dark, and wet.. So now it's cute and white, and I'm really hoping for a decent winter. :)

We had a nice weekend, and on Sunday we walked around the town after church (I decided to go, otherways getting too comfortable at home, not going anywhere..), and managed to buy couple of cute things for Adelaide:
We bought her a couple of new clothes (from Lindex), I bought size 74, and it almost fits her. There is a little problem with pants, if you're a cloth diaper user. Most of the pants (or "leggings") are too skinny and don't have enough space for baby's cute butt. (I don't even think it's all about the cloth diapers.. Many of the baby clothes in shops I don't find very well made, children don't have same proportions as adults, some cloth producers don't seem to know that. And comfort would be one of the most important aspects of children clothing, I think.) Anyway, so it was very hard to find a comfortable pair of pants. But I found them in Lindex. It's also organic cotton, the price was good and they seem nice.

And! Her first toys, that we have bought.. (pretty much)


We bought a tambourine, because one day she was starting to bang on my leg, and it was making nice sound. :D She liked it.. And when Daddy was doing the same, she was laughing really hard, and trying to do it herself.. It was really cute. So I figured, soon she could use a tambourine or something like that.
For now she is only pushing it forward in the room, probably it will be more comfortable to use, once she can actually sit. (She is moving forward with a fantastic speed now, by the way..)

Second toy - plastic stacking cups. Usually I wouldn't choose plastic toys, but for these cups it seems the best choice of a material. They just have such a variety of use. My friends' boy had them, and he seemed to use them a lot and for a long time. At first, when she will discover, that things can be put into each other, these cups are great for practicing that! They can be put into each other, and stacked onto each other.. (Don't even need a tower or pyramid..) They can be used for playing inside or outside, or in the bath! A great toy, I think.

And also we bought her a bib! :) So we are closer to being ready for more active eating. (Haven't given anything to her lately..) The choice of the bib was very hard, we were standing in the shop for a while. Chose a latex one, that should be easy to clean.. We'll see. (And with a mouse.. ;) Because I call her "pelīte", which is a little mouse in Latvian..)


Comments

Popular Posts