A happy Nameday I had

Last week was my nameday. (It has been so busy since then, I haven't had a time to write about it..)

My Latvian nameday, of course. Estonians have namedays too (my name is not in it), but sadly they do not really celebrate them. I say sadly, because I happen to be a person who loves celebrations! :) I think there never are too many.. I love tradition, special occasion. Of course, you must have attention, romance, love, special moments also in your every day life, but why not have a special treat on a special day?

So I definitely like that Latvians do celebrate namedays. They are almost as important as birthdays. And for sure it's totally common to have as big, or even a bigger party. (I read about namedays on Wikipedia, it seems it's a Catholic and Orthodox tradition, popular in many European countries, as well as Latin America.)

I have always had a nameday party. My birthday is at summer, I usually spend it with family and relatives. But nameday, in the beginning of September, has been a party with classmates, later coursemates and friends.

So.. Even though my husband is Estonian, he is the greatest. ;) Because he knows that its important to me, he always makes it special.

On my nameday this year I woke up with roses..


And my favourite cake..



And a beautiful gift - bath treats from JOIK (Estonian natural cosmetics). I received a Luxurious Rose Bathmilk, Herbal bath truffles and Luxurious goat milk soap with black clay..


I already tried the bathmilk. (Had a really relaxing nameday-bath, while husband was spending time with the baby..) It was seriously lovely!

He actually took a whole day off work, just for my nameday. (Worked from home.)

So we used a chance, and had a really nice walk outside, fresh after rain. 



We have some nice nature around our home..  So it's nice to take walks together, all 3 of us.


And there even are blackberries to pick!




It was a nice, calm day with my little family. The best nameday I could wish for.

And the bath in the end of the day.. After I had enjoyed some alone-time (and some quiet thoughts of my own, wow, hadn't had those for a while!), our baby joined me for some evening bath time! It was the first time she was in the big bath with me, and she loved it so much. :) I loved it too.


Even though we live in Estonia, where nobody much cares, I will make sure, that our little baby will always have as nice namedays, as I have. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts