The ultimate chocolate birthday cake

I bake cakes. A lot. Especially for birthdays, and even more especially for my husband's birthday.
This time I offered him many options, like honey cake or cheese cake, or carrot cake or 10 others, and he chose - The Ultimate Chocolate Cake! So here it is..




People quite liked the cake, especially the chocolate-cake lovers! I even got told, that I have "exceeded myself this time!" :D I suppose it's a good thing..



I liked the cake, it was moist and rich, as I like my chocolate cakes. I personally still am a bigger fan (surprisingly, because I love chocolate as such) of other cake flavours, like lemon or meringue..
But if one cold autumn evening one should get a real ultimate chocolate cake craving, then this is the way to go!
I do not claime this recipe to be mine, I found it on Add A PinchHERE.

The cake did not have candles, as the party happened the day before, so on the actual birthday morning we (wife and daughter) made a surprise -  breakfast in bed! (With 3 candles!) :)


Comments

Popular Posts