First bump

We have another first - first bump in her head!

She has fallen or hit something a few times already, of course, but it never before has left an actual mark.
This time she was crawling really fast and excitedly, and the dishwasher door was open, as I was emptying it. And she crawled right into the corner.
It was not a very big deal - she cried a little, but not more than any other time. Only later I was watching.. Her forehead seriously has a small, red patch in the middle of it! :) Poor child..

CAN you see it?! :D

And poor me! Because this is, obviously, just the beginning of it..

It's weird, I used to be a very brave and fearless child myself. When did I get so cautious and scared of everything? Just growing up? In some way, it's normal.. It helps to avoid some potentially dangerous, life or health threatening situations. Same time.. Can't really be this crazy, paranoid mother, who doesn't let her child do anything, just because she's scared, something bad could happen! But how do you do it?

I just read in some random text, written for a child: "You started standing up. And I held my breath, waiting you to fall. But then I learned to breathe again", or something like that..

That's what I have to learn.. To breathe again. To just observe her doing things on her own, learning and discovering, and to just stay back and let her fall. It's going to be hard.. But a must.

Backing off.. Actually a very important, one of the most important qualities of a good parent. 

Comments

Popular Posts