New life

Tomorrow Jasmiina will be already 1 week old, unbelievable! Actually - it's unbelievable, that only a week, because it feels like she is much longer with us, I can't even imagine anymore being without her.

I'm sad, that the time is going so fast, because I don't want the dad vacation to end.. It seems, we all are enjoying it so much, all of our family together all day, every day. Adelaide's favorite saying lately is: all together (kõik koos in Estonian).

And Adelaide really is surprisingly happy.. I was hoping for the best, but this I did not expect. (Of course, I don't want to get too excited, because once Mr. Husband starts working again and there is only one adult's attention to share, things might change a lot..) She has not shown, basically, any bad emotion whatsoever. At least not towards or because of the baby. She loves the baby! Is always happy and excited, when she notices her presence.. She doesn't mind me feeding the baby, I was waiting for some reaction the first time she saw it (I had talked previously, that baby eats mommies breast), but no.. A bit of curiosity, not even too much, and she doesn't mind it. She didn't mind also, when I yesterday put Jasmiina in the wrap for the first time, she was looking at her sister and caressing her cheek and finding her ears.



I believe this is because Adelaide gets a lot of attention.. Mr. Husband is spending a lot of time with her, and also I am, as Jasmiina is sleeping most of the day. What would she have to complain about? She suddenly even is playing quite much independently (for some period before she wasn't that much at all), also she is sleeping better again (there was some sleep regression or something, falling asleep had suddenly gotten a bit problematic, but it might have to do with the guests we had staying over here.. Because now, once everyone is gone, she is falling asleep calmly again).

Adelaide goes for walks outside with daddy..



She likes her Lego's a lot, at first they were simple towers, from one sized blocks she was building, then she surprised us by building this kind of a tower all on her own!


She likes also usual blocks, and once she surprised me by building not a tower, but suddenly making a line from the blocks. This is amazing.. to watch her work.


Jasmiina? Jasmiina is sleeping, eating, pooping (a lot!), she was rarely awake, but suddenly yesterday she was awake a bit longer during the day and even was excitedly looking and examining some black-and-white images. :) I already had started to think that it's overdoing it - offering those images to look at for such a small baby - but she is showing me otherwise. She was just looking at it until she drifted to sleep..


Comments

Popular Posts