Slow days

Why did I name this slow days, I don't know.. Because we don't do much? Actually, the days just fly.

We get up in the morning (around 9:30-10:00), Jasmiina usually is still asleep, so Adelaide takes us (or me, depends) out from the bed to go eat porridge. We make the porridge, she eats, then washing up and getting out from pajamas. Then we (or I) eat, and Adelaide usually has second breakfast.. :D (Ok, sometimes we eat porridge with her for breakfast.) While we are preparing the breakfast etc, she is already playing, doing whatever she is interested in, sometimes helping.. When Jasmiina wakes up, she is changed and fed. Somewhere in between, if there is spare time, Adelaide is playing.. She lately is very independent in her play, she mostly likes to play with her dolls now. Imitating everything that we do. Putting hats on them and diapers. Making them eat and sleep. Wrapping in a blanket. Carrying around. She likes to put cotton cloths under them, folds and unfolds them (because I put a cloth under Jasmiina, when I feed her), and so on. It's really fun to watch!

Then we would usually go out for a walk.




A couple of days ago I tried to go out for the first time, while babywearing Jasmiina.. With my new babywearing jacket (I shall make a separate review post). It was nice. :)


Going outside is fun. We're usually out for about an hour, our daily routine track.. But there's something new always to see. Like these ice blocks.


After the outside walk it's snack time, and then usually it's naptime.
I have been successful so far with the naps, as Jasmiina still sleeps most of the day, it's not that hard to get them both to sleep.



And in the afternoon we usually have to make some dinner. Or we bake cookies. Cooking, helping out in the kitchen is the other thing besides dolls, that's Adelaide's favorite at the moment (she is a lot less into reading books now than she used to be a little while ago). She could do it all day long..
Of course, it's a huge practice for my patience. I really should think of more child-friendly recipes, where she could actually help me or do it herself, where it wouldn't matter that much, how correctly things are done.

And depending on how long the cooking takes, sometimes there is still time to read, play together, just be.. And with feeding/changing/holding Jasmiina many times through that (and often putting her in the wrap, especially in the evenings, where she's the most happy and calm), the evening arrives really, really fast. Then it's dinner time with daddy, a little play time, and again bath and bed. Crazy, how fast this all goes by!..


Sometimes it feels, with this current routine, that we don't actually do anything all day.. Nothing particular at least. But actually, it's not so bad.. Walks outside and actual real practical life is exactly, what's the most important and interesting for Adelaide right now.
When I'm feeding Jasmiina, usually Adelaide joins us in the big bed, just for a cuddle or with her dolls, but sometimes, when she's not interested, she will just totally independently go to her play corner and go through all of her trays on her own - the shape sorter, color sorter, pop-up toy, green treasure basket, a peg puzzle.. and build a tower of Legos on top of it all. Amazing.



Yesterday I had to clean some fish, and I'm not a big fan of Adelaide joining me on that.. So I gave her this tray, with no particular task, just for free exploration.



She liked it.. And I managed to clean precisely 8 fish (small ones, sprat). Because that was more interesting.. So I just had to let her join. ;) (For some time, until it was just getting too messy..) But the tray she liked today too, while I had to make a quick cake for the guests.



All in all, really calm days these are. But it shouldn't be any different.. Jasmiina is still so very little, not great to go out in public anyway, with the flu season and all.. But big and active plans for the spring and summer. :)
Interestingly, though, we have gotten quite a few new acquaintances lately! :) Looks like life is bringing some new little friends for Adelaide.. and Jasmiina as well.

Comments

Popular Posts