New Year's Eve baby

Welcome, our little Jasmiina.. Already 3 days old!


We waited for her coming a long, long time.. The due date was 21st of December. For some reason, we were all sure, that she is going to be a Christmas baby.. Well, it was likely, Adelaide was born 4 days after her due date, I was expecting something similar this time around.
But then.. Christmas came. And went. And no baby yet. Adelaide's Godparents, who had come here even a week early to watch her, while we are going to give birth, had to leave on 26th. So we had to think of other babysitting options. Luckily, Adelaide's Grandmother, my Mother-in-law, offered to come and stay with us. All this new scenario was really unexpected, I somehow never had imagined it that way. I was also sure, that am not going to make it to the doctor's appointment at 28th of December. But I did. Everything was fine.. But the doctor still set the induction of birth at 2nd of January. Which I didn't like at all.. The one thing I was praying to avoid this time around was stimulating at birth, and induction was something I didn't even want to think about. Still, we were, of course, hoping, that Jasmiina will come herself..

This last week was seriously the most frustrating time of my life. Can't even compare it to anything else.. Everyone is waiting, it felt like everyone is looking at me - so, where is the baby already?! Like I could do anything about it. (Don't believe in the natural induction methods, they work only if the birth is about to start anyway. Tried some of them anyway.)

But then, finally, at 30th of December it started.. And obviously, Jasmiina wanted to be a New Year's Eve baby! And chose such a special day for her arrival - 31st of December! :) From now on each New Years Eve will be so special to us, big party every year. ;) I think it's such a cool day to have a birthday.


Birth story coming soon.. it was totally unbelievable, but we got home already on the same day - we got to welcome already this amazing New Year in our home, all together, with people we love!


Comments

Popular Posts